|Sign up now|
|Prep time||45 minutes|
Vegetarian version of a vietnamese pancake
|1 1⁄2||T||sesame oil (or preferred dressing oil)|
|1||T||rice wine vinegar|
|1||t||fresh ginger (grated)|
|1||Red chilli (seeded and chopped)|
1. Mix together the rice flour, egg, ground turmeric, salt and coconut milk, in a large bowl. Beat till smooth, leave to rest.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix together all the other ingredients, seasonand refrigerate.
3. Heat some sunflower or vegetable oil in a 9 inch, 23cm frying pan.
4. Pour in a quarter of the batter, swirl around to cover the bottom of the pan.
5. Cook on a medium heat till golden brown. Flip over and cook the other side. If the pancake is too thin it will break uop when you flip it, so be generous.
6. Keep warm while you cook the other pancakes.
7. Serve with stir fry veg and drizzle over the sauce.
Pre prepared sweet chilli dipping can be used instead of making your own from the long list above. Sharpen it up with some freshly squeezed lime juice.
Any mix of stirfry veg will go really well with this, for example Ripple Farms stir fry bag bulked up with thinly sliced carrot, mooli and any other root veg (except potatoes) you have in.