|Sign up now|
|Prep time||1 1⁄2 hours|
Winter warmer using seasonal roots and greens
|2||carrots (Peeled and chopped)|
|1||leek (Washed and sliced)|
|2||sticks of celery (Washed and sliced)|
|1||clv||garlic (Finely chopped)|
|1||Celeriac (Peeled and cubed, i if large use half)|
|1||cn||Barlotti beans (Canellini or haricot can also be used)|
|150||g||spinach (Washed and chopped)|
|1 1⁄4||l||Veg stock|
|100||g||Angel hair pasta|
1. Heat some olive oil in a large pot.
2. Add the onion, carrot, leek, celery and garlic, toss in the oil, turn the heat down low and cook, uncovered for 30 mins.
3. Stir from time to time to prevent catching.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and cook for another 15 mins.
5. Add the celeriac, stir and cook for 5 mins.
6. Add the borlotti. Beans and the stock.
7. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer till celeriac is tender.
8. Add oregano and chopped greens, stir.
9. Break up the angel hair and add.
10. Simmer till pasta is cooked, check seasoning, stir in the basil and serve.
You can use turnip or parsnip instead of or along with the celeriac.
Stir fry bag or any other greens can be used instead of the spinach.
Add croutons or sprinkle Parmesan on top.